Best Money Clip Wallet For Men In 2017
Money Clip wallets vary from the standardized wallet in that they are specifically designed to allow for a slimmer wallet by holding the person’s money on the exterior of the wallet. This can be accomplished with a leather clasp or with a metal clip. Here are the top ten money clip wallets for men that we found
The Gucci Leather Money clip is designed with microguccissima leather. This means that the leit ather is embossed. There is no special leather to the money clip. Rather, Guicci has called their particular method of embossing microguccissima. Qualities of the Guicci Leather Money Clip includes a thick leather stained orange. According to customer reviews, the leather is very resilient to color fading and getting dirty. It would appear that the leather is coated rather thickly (which contributes to that shine).
The clip mechanism on the Microguccissma money clip is logo embossed silver. And while the while this may be an attraction for luxury seeking holders, it should be noted that the silver content is rather low (as a 100% pure silver would be too pliable to hold money). The silver clip is located on the back of the wallet. Other design features include 2 card slots and one center pocket.
- Durable leather which can last years with little to no maintenance
- Gucci is a top luxury and fashion brand making the owner perceived as such
- A unique embossing method sets the wallet apart from other “slick” designs
- I am not sure how functional the sliver clip will be for large stacks of money
- Only 2 card slots is rather limiting in today’s society where most people have a bank card and at least 2 credit cards plus ID.
This wallet is best suited for those which are familiar with Gucci and have the money to purchase the brand. You are definitely buying the brand and not the wallet in this case, as the features are quite standard to other less expensive competitive brands.
The Trafalgar Men’s Cortina Triple Flip Clip Wallet is a combination between the traditional slim wallet and a money clip. The money clip is equipped with the horizontal flip of a traditional money clip with 4 interior credit card slots. The flip over component is on the back and covers the metal money clip giving it the aesthetics of traditional billfold.
In terms of material and design, there is some question about whether or not the product is made from real leather. While the company is known for leather products, the clip is listed as being 100% Other fibers. This has resulted in some concluding that the Trafalgar Men’s Cortina Triple Flip Clip Wallet may have more synthetics than genuine leather.
- Plenty of slots to accommodate most people’s existing cards and ID
- Flip over design protects the money clip as well as provides a level of security by hiding one’s money
- Dark brown and black dyes are compatible with most men’s wardrobes
- Spot Clean Only
- May not be Genuine Leather or it may be low quality leather
- Flip tends to get aggravating and hinders access to money
This wallet is best suited as a mid-level gift or personal purchase. While it is not in the same market as the Gucci money clip, it is also not in the bargain bin of a mega superstore. Those looking to have a functional and decently priced money clip may find this option attractive.
The reason that the Distil Union wallet is a pick for the best money clip wallet for men is not so much the clip aspect as the unique features of the wallet. The design of the Distil has a Wally Pull-Tab which allows the man to access his credit cards quite easily. Pulls are located on the exterior sides of the wallet, and while the function of the pulls make this slim wallet unique, the bright red colors may be a bit too much against the grey, black, or tan leather options.
In regards to the money clip, it is a turn tension adjuster clip. This means that you turn the money clip to adjust the tension. The location of the clip is a bit different than most money clips on the market. Instead of placing the money clip on the exterior of the wallet, the clip is located on the center seam of the wallet. As such, the physical clip is rather slim, giving the impression that it may not be as durable as the product claims. However, the ability to fold the wallet and keep the money on the interior of the wallet does add a bit of security to holding onto bills as well as helps to carry that traditional look and feel of a wallet.
- Wally Pull-Tabs located on the sides of the Distil Union Wally Billfold make accessing cards quite convenient
- Turn tension money clip can be adjusted for large stacks of money or for a single bill
- Slim and light design makes it easy to carry the wallet in the front or side pocket
- Card space stretches to the number of cards which you put within them. So, if you put in 3 cards, don’t expect one card to stay within the space. It will slide out.
- Leather coating on the edges has shown to wear off after only a few months of use
- Money Clip can tear into your cash if the tension is too high.
- While the pully may be nice for a time, having to do so constantly can become tiresome.
This wallet is best suited for those which only have a few dollars to carry and want to have more of a novelty wallet than that of a luxury design wallet. The wallet does have a 1 year warranty and so there is a bit of a try before you dedicate yourself to this wallet incentive.
If you are looking for a wallet that showcases the design of the money clip but also adheres to the concept that you do not have to pay a ton to have a luxurious design, this may be for you. The Palm West brand is an established one and so there is a bit of the company’s trademark design within the design of the Money Clip. The design of the Palm West Men’s Minimalist Premium Leather Money Clip has 6 Cards in each slot. This makes it ideal for those which wish to have multiple cards.
The Palm West Minimalist Premium Leather Money clip is spring loaded and is especially designed to hold several bills. As with most spring loaded clips, there has been some complaints that the mechanism wears down after heavy use of the clip. However, for general use the wallet has shown an incredible durability lasting up to 10 years or more before needing replacement.
Aesthetically, the design has a sort of blue-jean stitching and feel to it. The contrast between the black leather and the light threading does a great deal in this regard. Additionally, the large brass logo on the front yields more to the button on a pair of jeans furthering the perception.
- Can be used for both casual and formal attire
- Durable leather which last for years. It is still advised that you add conditioner ever so often to keep it in prime condition.
- Several slots to hold cards and other material without stretching the leather
- The brass button gives it a casual look
- Wallet has a problem holding more than 3 to 5 bills at a time
- Clip requires you to remove all the money when you pay for a purchase
- Some wallets have been sent without the stitching or with poor gluing at the seams. This is a red flag for the durability of the product. Check the seams and stitching carefully before use.
- Several cases of empty boxes being shipped. This is a negative against the customer service and not so much against the design of the wallet. An empty box is useless. That being stated, in all cases where an empty box was shipped a replacement was immediately shipped to the customer.
This wallet is suitable for those looking to have a money clip which has minimal features. The money clip does have mixed reviews. Ensure that if you purchase this wallet that the product comes as described. Those who tend to carry 10 or more bills at a time may want to consider a clip with a higher tension.
There is a reason that this money clip is called a front pocket wallet. The lambskin is incredibly soft and luxurious and those which have this type of leather will want to show it off. On the downside, the leather is extremely soft and luxurious meaning it will scuff and rip easily if you attempt to put it in your back pocket like a standard wallet.
The money clip portion of the wallet is a spring loaded slim clip which clamps to the middle of unfolded bills. The tension can be adjusted by turning the spring of the clip. However, due to the thin nature of the metal, there is a tendency for the clip to dig into the cash. Furthermore, there is nothing holding he leather clip into the slot where the spring goes. The money clip can slide right out of the wallet.
- Low priced product makes minor flaws in the design acceptable
- Many slots for the money clip as well as a sturdy clip action
- Soft Lambskin design
- Clip is not secured to the leather lending to the clip falling out
- Plastic ID slot has really thin edges making it possible to slide the ID between the leather and plastic instead of into the case.
- Clip has a tendency to cut into bills, especially if you have a large stack of cash.
This wallet is best suited for those which are looking for a day-to-day wallet without having the thicker cowhide options which seem to dominate the market. There is a bit more maintenance with lambskin, but those which take the proper care of the product will have it for years. This wallet is not advised for those who prefer to carry their wallet in a side or back pocket.
Which wallet should you buy?
When you are looking for the best wallet clip for a man, whether for yourself or someone else, you need to pair the functionality with the design. Wallets should be durable but they should also make a statement to the personality of the person carrying it. Of course, cost will be a consideration, and so a person should ensure that they are purchasing a quality wallet and not just paying for a brand name or for extra features which are not really needed. If you have questions about how to pick out the best leather money clip wallet, ask your local leather artisan for advice. Before buying, it is advised that you brush up on how to tell genuine leather from fake leather as well as how to look for quality leather products.
The most important feature which should be considered when purchasing a leather money clip for a man is simple, does it hold money? If he clip does not hold money well then you need to seek a different wallet. Spring loaded wallets should be evaluated to see how durable the spring is. Magnetic clips should be tested to see how strong the magnet hold when multiple bills are added to the clip.