Best Value Leather Cleaners And Conditioners In Today’s Market
Cleaning your leather products isn't a small thing, since care needs to be taken seriously so you can continue to enjoy your leather-made products for a long time. As such, many companies continue to offer a wide selection of their best leather cleaner & conditioner products.
A practically good understanding of the composition of the different types of conditioners, creams and polishes prior to application can prevent discoloration, staining, and stiffening of the leather over time. You don't have to be a leather care expert right away; sometimes it takes a few tries with different leather care products out there to get that desired effect on your leather goods.
Things To Remember Before Choosing The Right Leather Care And Conditioner Treatment
Neutral pH solutions and cleaners are preferred because these mixtures don't have any alcohol or abrasive material which could harm or discolor your leather goods.
Highly effective leather cleaners contain surfactants, or short for surface active agent. These attract any grime or dirt from a leather product's surface making it easy to clean.
Lexol leather cleaners are a better choice when it comes to removing dirt from the exterior surface of leather goods. The use of saddle soap is quietly discouraged as it is considerably too strong as a leather care applicant and in turn could cause discoloration marks.
Avoid using regular soap, aside from saddle soap. It can be very drying to the leather material with its high fat and oil content.
Keeping your leather goods protected from salt and snow calls for a quick clean up using a damp, soft cloth when exposed to the elements. This is also where a leather conditioner comes in handy.
It's not strictly required to immediately clean any leather-made material using leather care solutions as soon as it gets dirty. Just a thorough wipe and brush down is fine.
How Natural Ingredients Preserve Leather Quality And Appearance
While mink oil, neatsfoot, and leather honey stimulates your leather goods' natural oils, leather conditioners made with these ingredients can surely add to the moisture as well as a protective layer. Plus, these natural conditioners keep the color vibrant upon application.
Lexol is an odorless, non-oily solution which helps extend your leathers' life by rejuvenating oil balance in the material during the tanning process. Note: When applied on new leather, Lexol moisturizes the hide keeping its suppleness. On the other hand, the solution seeps into the leather fibers and contributes to the elasticity of the skin.
Leather Cleaning Basics
First off, let's try to grasp the basics of leather cleaning. Knowing how to properly apply leather cleaners and conditioners would be a best advantage anyone could have. Here are few pointers and steps to remind us by:
- Leather cleaners and conditioners are mostly equipped with a spray applicator for easy use. Test the product on a small area of the leather-made material and wait at least two to three seconds to check if it works accordingly.
- Evenly spray the leather cleaning solution on the desired product.
- With a soft cloth or gently brush, spread the leather cleaner on the affected area/s.
- To effectively remove unwanted dirt or stains, carefully buff the leather with another piece of cloth.
- Let the leather cleaning and conditioning application dry naturally, away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Repeat the application as needed for additional desired results.
Everyone knows that there are plenty of choiced products already out there nowadays. However, we have shortlisted the ultimate leather cleaner and conditioners which could well fit into anyone's cleaning and conditioning preferences as well as budget.
If you're wondering if these products are limited to your personal leather products for its use, worry less because these chosen leather cleaner and conditioner applications can also work their magic on equestrian products. Protecting your leather goods using high quality leather care products can also become a good investment in the future.
Choosing an appropriate leather cleaner and conditioner treatment application may seem overwhelming for some, because we want to preserve the quality and durability of our leather products. And because taking care of anything leather is our specialty, we have narrowed down all essential details here for you:
Top Verified Choices For Best Leather Cleaners And Conditioners
Having been recognized in the leather care industry for more than 100 years, the Fiebing company has been known to produce best quality leather care products to date. One of their most popular ones and has constantly topped customers' choice (as well as their other products), the Fiebing's Mink Oil Paste still retains the company's trademark premier mink oil formulation which has provided optimum leather care results to anyone who uses this product. Fun fact: It can also be actually used as a skin conditioner of sorts, and does helped relieve cracked skin parts (like an ankle heel).
- Contains nature-based ingredients
- Affordably superb value for the price
- Can help prevent salt stains
- Makes leather products more waterproof and durable
- Comes in plastic packaging which preserves product life and quality
- Application results into darkened hues of light-colored leather products
- Not preferred for suede or nubuck
For a US-based family-owned company that has been in operation close to 50 years in the making, the Leather Honey company offers a leather conditioning formulation that contains a cleaning solution without harsh chemicals, solvents nor abrasives. Perfect for leather-made products, their leather conditioner ensures safe cleaning and makes your leather products more supple plus protected from further damage.
- One-time treatment application lasts for more than six months
- Made of natural ingredients
- Is non-toxic and controls mildew
- Recommended for users highly sensitive to smells
- Not recommended for suede-type leather products
- Causes light leather products to darken after initial use
One of the cool offerings the Atlas Leather cleaner has for leather product enthusiasts is that its leather care products have a ph-balanced formulation, as well as a 100% product satisfaction guaranteed. This product can be used on a wide variety of leather-made products such as furniture, car interiors, handbags, shoes, etc.
- Contains organic, plant-derived extracts as ingredients
- Mess-free cleaning with its pump applicator
- Results in a shiny, glossy finish
- Darkens lightly leather-made products
- Not suitable for use on nubuck or suede
- Needs to be applied first before any conditioning treatment to avoid deep-seated stains
One noticeable fact regarding the best leather cleaner & conditioner products mentioned above is that though they all get the job wonderfully done, they're not highly recommended for suede or nubuck leather products. Of course, we do like to help out a little more, so we extensively scoured the Web on other products well-suited for suede and nubuck leather lovers out there. Read on:
- Very affordable and highly versatile even for personal items (e.g. bags or hats)
- Environment-friendly (contains no bleaches, dye nor alcohol)
- Known to replenish lost moisture due to constant everyday use
- None known
From the Saddleback Leather Company comes their own take on an optimal leather cleaner and milk conditioner product called Chamberlain Leather Milk Liniment No. 1, which is a combination of naturally rich leather conditioners. It also works as a gentle leather cleaner without saddle soaps or synthetic materials.
- Natural ingredients make it safe for humans, animals, and the environment
- Comes with a light almond scent that dries out quickly after application
- Equipped with a free reusable terry applicator pad that is made of cotton for easy use
- To be applied carefully on unfinished leather (full grain/corrected/nubuck)
- Not to be used on suede
And our Winner is..!
Crimson Care's Shoe Cleaner & Conditioner wins the best leather cleaner & conditioner category hands down, most especially because there have been no known negative feedback for this product. Although this Crimson Care product is fairly new on the market, careful comparison on each of the featured products' content and price plus all other attributes led us to believe in the winning ability of the topmost selected product as any wise consumer's choice when taking care of their prized leather products.
Aside from an all-in-one leather cleaner and conditioner treatment, leather enthusiasts also recommend getting a suede protector and shoes refresher if your budget still allows you to. Not only do these products lead you to save time on getting rid of ugly stains, these can last for a long time with careful use.
We do love to share any feedback you have with these top leather cleaner and conditioner choices. Let us know all about it soon!